The 11,000 square foot Switchyard Park Pavilion may be rented for banquets, festivals, and other special events. The Pavilion has indoor and outdoor space, with overhead doors that can be raised along the length of the building for open-air events.
- Pricing and Availability
- See 2023 SYP Pavilion Rental Application.pdf for current pricing. Note: Fridays are considered a “weekend.”
- Available rental times are 9 a.m. through 10 p.m.
- For more information, or to check availability, contact General Manager Hsiung Marler at email@example.com.
- To reserve the Switchyard Park Pavilion:
- Send the completed and signed Pavilion Rental Application, plus deposit.
- Deposit may be paid via check or credit card (Visa and Mastercard only)
- Before your event:
- Payment in full of the entire rental amount is due at least two weeks (14 days) before your event.
- Send your floor plan layout via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your certificate of insurance (required for commercial events only) via email to email@example.com.
- If your event includes serving beer or wine (serving or consumption of hard liquor is not permitted), send a copy of the State of Indiana Temporary Alcohol Permit Form 35494, or a copy of the Licensed Alcoholic Beverage Caterer’s License via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the State of Indiana Temporary Alcohol Permit Form 35494 here: https://www.in.gov/atc/alcohol-permit-resources/alcohol-permit-applications-and-forms/#Temporary_Permit_Applications
- If your event includes serving beer or wine (serving or consumption of hard liquor is not permitted), send the contact information of the agency or organization that is providing security at your event.
- General Information
- Read the FAQ section of the Pavilion Rental Application for more information.
- The Pavilion is 11,000 square feet with approximately 7,000 square feet of usable space
- There are 12 glass overhead doors which can each be opened separately.
- Seating for 320 people with 8′ round tables; see sample floor layout diagrams for details.
- Maximum occupancy of the Pavilion, with the use of tables and chairs, is 442.
- Maximum occupancy of the Pavilion, standing room only, is 600.
- Pavilion rental includes use of the catering kitchen and restrooms inside the Pavilion building.
- The use of a projector, screen, microphones, and portable bar is available for additional fees.
- We recommend you bring your own sound system if you wish to play amplified music at your event.
- Events may be booked up to one year in advance; City and Parks and Recreation-sponsored events may be booked earlier.
- A Switchyard Park staff member is on site during the rental period. Switchyard Park staff will set up and tear down tables and chairs.
- If food is served, renter must provide table linens for all tables.
- Switchyard Park does not provide any food service; renters are free to contract with their own caterers, hold a potluck, etc.
- Although we recommended against hiring a food truck to service private and semi-private events, the use of food truck is permissible with an additional vendor fee of $25 to $35 per food truck.
- Serving of alcoholic beverages is limited to beer and wine only. The presence of any other type of alcohol will result in the immediate cancellation of the event.
- Alcohol may be served and consumed in designated areas only (inside the Pavilion, or in the Pavilion/Patio area. The consumption of alcohol in any other area of the park will result in the immediate cancellation of the event.
- Pricing and Availability